My 8-year-old picked out the vegetables for this dish from our share. He was supposed to help me cook them, but got distracted by something else when it came time to cook. Maybe your kids will help you with this one, it's a great summer vegetable dish, especially when you're in a hurry. We are really enjoying the sauces from Chinese Southern Belle, the Teritaki Glaze makes this recipe fast and delicious.
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced into rounds
- 2 handfuls pole beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Chinese Southern Belle Wild Wild East Asian BBQ & Teriyaki Glaze
- Prepare all of the vegetables and keep them close at hand.
- Heat a cast iron pan or wok over high heat to get it nice and hot.
- Add the oil, wait a beat and then toss in the onion.
- Stir it around, let it cook quickly but not brown.
- Add the beans and continue to stir. Add in the water, this will help steam the beans.
- After a couple minutes when the beans start to soften and the water has boiled away add the celery, squash, and teriyaki glaze.
- Stir to coat and finish cooking. When the squash is soft everything is done.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.