This is a simple side when you have beautiful young carrots. Honestly, it's still good even if the carrots aren't beautiful but it looks better on the plate if they are.
- a dozen or so young carrots, peeled, tops removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbs butter
- Put the carrots in a single layer in a small saute pan. Add the water, honey, and salt.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the carrots are cooked all the way through.
- Don't let the pan boil all the way dry, add a small amount of water if needed.
- When the carrots are completely cooked and the liquid is almost entirely gone, remove the pan from the heat, drop in the butter and swirl it around. As it melts it will coat the carrots and mix with the honey.
- Serve, making sure to get all of the sauce onto the carrots.