Golden beets are great because they don't turn everything pink and they are just as delicious. I always want beets with blue cheese, it's so earthy and sweet and savory all together. The recipe says it serves 4, but I ate it all.
- a large bunch of arugula
- 6 medium golden beets
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- Trim the beets and put them in a pot of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes until they are soft all of the way through. Drain and cool.
- Wash and dry the arugula.
- Toast the walnuts in a 350F oven for 6 minutes.
- Make the dressing by stirring together the yogurt, half of the blue cheese, the vinegar, and ranch seasoning. This will make a little more than you need for the salad, you can eat the rest with some veggies, or chicken wings, or on a turkey and bacon sandwich.
- Rub the skins off of the beets and dice into small pieces.
- Toss the arugula with 2 tbs of the blue cheese ranch dressing.
- Toss the beets with the olive oil, walnuts, a pinch of salt, and the remaining blue cheese.
- Pile the beets on top of the dressed arugula and serve.