Learn about local markets by strengthening Global Growers’ farmers market program, CSA, and other sales partnerships.
Global Growers supports local refugee farmers and their livelihoods by connecting them to land and markets to sell their produce. Umurima Wa Burundi is a one-acre garden located in Decatur managed collectively by Burundi women. Bamboo Creek Farm is a 15-acre incubator farm that hosts 5 advanced farmers from the refugee community. Produce from these Global Grower sites, are sold through our Farm Share program, farmers markets, and local restaurant and wholesale partnerships.
The Sales internship will support the Global Growers Sales team with a focus on farmers markets, CSA Farm Share, and other sales programs.
- Help with set-up, sales and record-keeping at our market outlets (I.e. farmers markets, CSA and restaurant distribution)
- Development of media content, including e-newsletters, website, and social media
- Assist with planning, organizing and hosting Global Growers’ events
- Great Attitude; Enjoys interacting with customers and working in a fast-paced environment
- Adept with web-based applications for basic website maintenance and database management
- Able to lift Farmers market supplies (~30 lbs)
- Basic graphics skills are useful
A minimum of 10 hours per week Tuesday - Saturday
This is an unpaid internship - but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at a non-profit with an ambitious mission. For those degree-seeking students, Global Growers will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. All interns also have access to Fresh seasonal produce cultivated at our farm sites!