Applications Due: March 1st, 2018
About Global Growers
Global Growers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, GA that increases the number of food producers who expand access to healthy, sustainably-grown food and also prepares farmers to be competitive in their local marketplace. Global Growers prioritizes serving international farmers who came to the U.S. as refugees, as well as others that are underserved and underrepresented in sustainable agriculture. We connect growers to land, education, and markets in Georgia through our four program areas: Community Development, Farm Operations, Education & Outreach, and Sales.
The Sales Coordinator is the customer facing representative of Global Growers and partner farmers. The position works closely with partner farmers, Farm Operations team, and Communications team to execute annual sales strategies, with a primary focus on farmers markets and Farm Share membership, as well as back-end support for restaurant and wholesale accounts. The Sales Coordinator will also liaise with our Education & Outreach staff to ensure sales strategies are consistent with partner farmer goals.
The candidate should be extremely well-organized with excellent attention to detail and with motivation to be of service to farmers by representing their products in the marketplace. You have dynamic communications skills to be responsive and proactive in managing customer relationships both virtually through e-mail/digital correspondence and in-person meetings. Your demeanor is friendly and positive to provide customer service and to serve as an ambassador for Global Growers products and brand. You have a strong understanding of Atlanta’s local food system, including what drives local and healthy food sales.You instill excitement about what we do to others and make their experiences with us unique. You believe in and feel connected to the mission of Global Growers and are excited to work in a collaborative, team environment that values transparency, accountability, and solidarity.
Expected Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Implement sales strategies, customer relationship management, and tracking/reporting for each customer segment, in collaboration with Development & Communications team
- Evaluate sales strategies through regular sales reports for each customer segment
- Configure and manage sales software (e.g., Farmigo) for managing customer relationships and tracking distribution
- Coordinate with Farm Operations team to stay informed of product availability and harvest schedules
- Track sales data in collaboration with Finance team
- Order and manage inventory of partner products for Farm Share program
- Liaise with Education & Outreach team to align sales strategies with partner farmer goals
- Collaborate with Farmers Market and Delivery staff to execute sales strategies and support customer relationship management
- Communicate mission-related activities to target customers groups and be an enthusiastic advocate for Global Growers
- Reading and writing in English
- Computer proficiency to use email, Google Drive, and spreadsheet applications
- Experience in sales/marketing/distribution of local produce at farmers markets, through Farm Share (CSA) memberships, and to local restaurants/wholesale accounts
- Experience working in a retail or other setting that required outstanding customer service and responsiveness to customer needs
- Outstanding customer service skills and responsiveness to customer needs
- Experience in managing inventory and basic accounting to ensure accurate tracking of customer and vendor payments. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
- Experience working with produce on farms, in restaurants, or in a grocery/retail setting
- Understanding of food safe handling practices
- Knowledge of diversified fruits and vegetables in the Southeast to be able to identify and market various products
- Reliable transportation to Stone Mountain farm site and to Decatur office
- Clean driving record to drive GG delivery vehicle as needed (not a primary responsibility)
$15/hour for 20 hours/week from March-December 15, with reduced hours January-February during the off-season. Opportunity for increased hours as annual sales grow.
Flexible scheduling Monday-Saturday based on weekly workflows developed with Farm Ops and Sales team. Once set, weekly schedule will remain consistent.
Stone Mountain farm site, Decatur office site, and occasional travel in metro-Atlanta to meet with customers. Some remote work possible.
Submit resume”sales.lastname.res” and cover letter “sales.lastname.cl” to email@example.com with the subject line: “sales.lastname.”