Produce Distribution Coordinator
Applications Due: March 1st, 2018
About Global Growers
Global Growers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, GA that increases the number of food producers who expand access to healthy, sustainably-grown food and also prepares farmers to be competitive in their local marketplace. Global Growers prioritizes serving international farmers who came to the U.S. as refugees, as well as others that are underserved and underrepresented in sustainable agriculture. We connect growers to land, education, and markets in Georgia through our four program areas: Community Development, Farm Operations, Education & Outreach, and Sales.
The Produce Distribution Coordinator will be a liaison between our Farm Operations and Sales teams to coordinate harvest schedules, order fulfillment, inventory and quality controls, and support distribution logistics to various marketplaces. The position will work closely with the Farm Operations Manager, Sales Coordinator, and partner farmers to coordinate activities related to aggregation and distribution for the Global Growers Farm Operations and Sales enterprises.
The candidate should be extremely well-organized with excellent attention to detail and with motivation to be of service to farmers in order to help prepare their produce for the marketplace. The candidate should have a baseline understanding of customer expectations for Farm Share membership, restaurant orders, and wholesale distribution. The candidate is punctual and adept at maintaining daily work flows and schedules. The candidate is an excellent communicator in order to collaborate effectively with team members and to communicate with different culture and language groups. Attention to food safety and personal hygiene practices is a must. The candidate should be comfortable spending hours on their feet and performing physical work related to packing, loading/unloading, lifting, and cleaning. This should be balanced with the ability to perform desk work related to detailed record-keeping of inventory, order fulfillment, and traceability related to accurate accounting, food safety paperwork, and customer service. You believe in and feel connected to the mission of Global Growers and are excited to work in a collaborative, team environment that values transparency, accountability, and solidarity.
Expected Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Collect weekly orders from Sales team and communicate with farmers and Farm Ops team
- Confirm harvest schedules with farmers and be prepared to troubleshoot difference related to inventory and distribution
- Support inventory and quality controls at every step of aggregation and distribution
- Maintain purchase and fulfillment records for traceability
- Manage cooler organization, temperature zones, and cleanliness of storage/packing facilities
- Maintain inventory of packaging materials (boxes, bags, crates, bands, twist ties, etc.)
- Develop weekly pack lists to fill orders for each marketplace (farmers markets, farm share, restaurants, wholesale)
- Comply with food safety protocol for all food handling activities
- Coordinate integration of volunteers and interns into workflow as necessary
- Coordinate deliveries to restaurant and wholesale customers
- Serve as an ambassador for Global Growers as a professional communicator with farmers, partners, and customers
- Reading and writing in English
- Computer proficiency to use email, Google Drive,and spreadsheet applications
- Experience in managing inventory
- Experience working with produce on farms, in restaurants, or in a grocery/retail setting
- Understanding of food safe handling practices
- Knowledge of diversified fruits and vegetables in the Southeast to be able to identify various products
- Reliable transportation to and from Stone Mountain farm site
- Clean driving record to drive GG delivery vehicle
$15/hour for 40 hours/week from March-December 15, with reduced hours January-February during the off-season. Healthcare reimbursement up to $350/month through HRA program.
Tuesdays - Saturdays
Submit resume”distribution.lastname.res” and cover letter “distribution.lastname.cl” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Distribution.lastname.”