On Thursday, July 12th, from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, we'll be spending the day at Front Field Farm and
- talking hoop houses and other infrastructure solutions with NRCS and farmers Alex and Jacqui
- chatting about all the tools Alex and Jacqui use on their farm
- Steve from 3 Porch Farm will discuss all the ways they use Solar at their operation
- learning about the proper ways to clean and sanitize your infrastructure and tools for GAP and FSMA
- and spending the afternoon walking and talking on the farm about food safety with a member of the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Association and hearing from a wholesaler that buys from small farms about what they need to buy safe and delicious produce from you.
- fingers crossed your friendly county Extension agent will join us as well!
And, geez, there's free lunch!
What a deal! It's a NO COST workshop thanks to the fine folks from USDA-NIFA who support this workshop and the GA Small Farm Food Safety Campaign
Questions???? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.