Farm Operations Internship
Learn about sustainable agriculture techniques and practice farm management from seed to harvest to market.
Global Growers manages nearly 20 acres of land and supports a network of farms and gardens throughout metro Atlanta. Umurima Wa Burundi is a one-acre garden located in Decatur managed collectively by Burundi women. Bamboo Creek Farm is a 15-acre incubator farm that hosts 5 advanced farmers from the refugee community. Produce cultivated by the farmers at these sites is packaged by the Farm team and distributed through the sales program.
Farm Ops Interns will work alongside staff on tasks that require full understanding of farm operations, including but not limited to fieldwork, cleaning and packing, and delivery for Farm Share.
- Coordination of inventory and storage to support market operations, including record keeping, sorting and prepping vegetables for market
- Help with farm maintenance, including planting, harvesting, and landscaping
- Coordination of activities during volunteer workdays
- Great Attitude; Enjoy manual work and being outdoors!
- Able to lift farm tools/supplies and produce boxes (~30lbs)
- Can reliably access public transport or have own transportation to farm sites
A minimum of 10 hours per week Tuesday – Saturday, 8am-5pm
This is an unpaid internship - but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at a non-profit with an ambitious mission. For those degree-seeking students, Global Growers will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. All interns also have access to Fresh seasonal produce cultivated at our farm sites!