Farmers Market Sales Associate
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
About Global Growers
Global Growers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Atlanta, GA that increases the number of food producers who expand access to healthy, sustainably-grown food and also prepares farmers to be competitive in their local marketplace. Global Growers prioritizes serving international farmers who came to the U.S. as refugees, as well as others that are underserved and underrepresented in sustainable agriculture. We connect growers to land, education, and markets in Georgia through our four program areas: Community Development, Farm Operations, Education & Outreach, and Sales.
The Farmers Market Sales Associate will be responsible for all aspects of our Farmers market operations during the season. This position works closely with the Produce Distribution Coordinator to ensure order fulfillment, and support distribution logistics to various marketplaces. The Farmers Market Sales Associate general responsibilities include: coordinating market set-up and break-down for the Decaturs Farmers Market on Wednesdays as well the Freedom Farmers Market on Saturdays, assisting with social media and general outreach to promote the market, operating the EBT (food stamps) program, answering customer questions, assisting with promoting the mission of Global Growers.
This is customer-facing role, so being friendly, enthusiastic, and comfortable engaging with customers is absolutely necessary. The ideal candidate for this position is extremely organized with excellent attention to detail, a high degree of motivation, and a commitment to excellence. The candidate has well-developed interpersonal skills in order to build meaningful relationships with customers. The candidate must have enthusiasm for sharing information, recipes, and tips for cooking or food preparation using Global Growers produce. The candidate has the confidence, passion and ability to actively promote Global Growers. Most importantly, the candidate will believe in and feel connected to the mission of Global Growers and the idea that our food system can and should be democratized.
Expected Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Inventory produce and partner products for daily distribution
- Transport produce safely and on time to farmers markets, farm share sites, or restaurants/wholesale customers
- Complete sales, distribution, and inventory records upon completion of each market/delivery shift
- Manage inventory of farmers market supplies
- Comply with all food safety protocol for packing, loading, delivery, and distribution
- Ensure Global Growers brand identity through proper set up market booth with tent, produce display, promotional information, etc.
- Sell Global Growers products at the farmers market while promoting our mission and mission-related activities to customers
- Provide excellent customer service, including sharing knowledge about products and how to use/prepare them
- Assist with produce delivery to restaurants or Farm Share pick up sites if needed
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills for tracking sales and maintaining records
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (able to be insured on company delivery vehicle)
- Lift up to 50lbs produce boxes repeatedly and stand on feet for 6-8 hours at the farmers market
- Must be available during all market hours throughout the season, be willing and able to work outside in all weather conditions
Wednesdays from 12-8pm, Saturdays from 6am-2pm, with additional hours for deliveries possible on off days
Submit resume”farmersmarket.lastname.res” and cover letter “farmersmarket.lastname.cl” to email@example.com with the subject line: farmersmarket.lastname.”