Development and Communications Internship
The Development & Communications intern will support outreach efforts that raise the profile of Global Growers and increase the community engagement aspect of our mission. The intern will also assist in fundraising efforts to invite community members to support our work through volunteerism, donations, special events, and charitable giving.
- Update and maintain all web presence activities, including website (Squarespace), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Create a Social Media Strategy, with a strong focus on content creation
- Assist in planning, writing and managing quarterly eNewsletter
- Update and create compelling narratives about GG partner farmers, the community gardens and commercial farm sites, volunteers and partner organizations
- Write, edit and publish press releases to support fundraising efforts
- Identify current and emerging fundraising tools and techniques that will help to create a continuous online revenue stream supporting Global Growers programs
- Maintain donor and grant databases
- Contribute to general donor stewardship by generating and sending donor gift acknowledgements and drafting correspondence
- Research potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources)
- Assist in researching and writing grants
You know what you are doing
You have strong written and verbal communications skills, a keen interest in storytelling, and you are comfortable using web-based applications for basic website maintenance and database management. Basic graphics skills are useful and an interest in sustainable agriculture is a key.
You're independent and self-motivated
You can handle a wide-variety of tasks without constant supervision. You relish the chance to own your projects – you're confident and capable. You’re reliable.
Your attention to detail is impeccable
You are extremely organized with a high degree of motivation and a commitment to excellence.
While much of the Internship activities can be completed remotely, the intern must set a mutually agreed-upon weekly work schedule and physically attend bi-weekly meetings in the Stone Mountain/Atlanta area. The intern reports to the Development and Communications Manager.
This is an unpaid internship - but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at a non-profit with an ambitious mission. For those degree-seeking students, Global Growers will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. All interns also have access to Fresh seasonal produce cultivated at our farm sites!