JOB OPPORTUNITY: SALES MANAGER
Full-time with benefits
Applications currently being considered.
Final deadline March 1st
The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading Global Growers’ expanding Sales Program while working closely with the Farm Operations Manager. Responsibilities include management of sales through GG’s wholesale, restaurant, farmers markets, and FarmShare CSA programs. The Sales Manager will be responsible for active marketing and outreach to new and current sales outlets as well as day-to-day administrative and communication required by the Sales Program.
The ideal candidate for this position is extremely organized with excellent attention to detail, a high degree of motivation, and a commitment to excellence. The candidate has the confidence, passion and ability to actively promote Global Growers in the market place and increase the size and scope of our sales outlets. The ideal candidate is familiar with restaurant and wholesale markets in particular and capable of developing new relationships in that field. The candidate has well-developed interpersonal skills in order to work in a small team setting and build meaningful relationships with customers. The candidate is knowledgeable about innovations in local food system development with an understanding of market and agricultural trends in order to serve sophisticated customers and support local producers.
Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are essential, with the ability to gather information from various sources and propose appropriate solutions for tasks as assigned. The candidate will have the ability to develop and execute a plan by managing time and resources effectively and prioritizing work with organizational goals in mind. The candidate should motivate others to action and influence positive outcomes. The candidate will be comfortable working independently/remotely as well as in a collaborative team environment. Most importantly, the candidate will believe in and feel connected to the mission of Global Growers and the idea that our food system can and should be democratized.
About Global Growers
Global Growers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that increases the number of community growers who expand access to healthy, sustainably-grown food and also prepares commercial farmers to be competitive in their local marketplace. We prioritize serving individuals who have come to Georgia as refugees/immigrants and who were experienced food producers in their countries of origin. Consequently, we have a primary focus on racial and ethnic groups who are underserved and underrepresented in our communities. We also serve all commercial farmers who have proven production experience but face significant barriers to launching farm businesses. Our headquarters are based in DeKalb County, GA. Our community development work is focused on the Clarkston, GA community. We serve commercial farmers across Georgia who produce food for the metro-Atlanta marketplace.
Develop a coherent implementation plan for outreach to existing and new partners and customers
- Lead development and implementation of Marketing & Outreach Strategy for Farm Share CSA, farmers markets, and wholesale/restaurants accounts.
- Actively promote Global Growers’ to customers across market channels with a special emphasis on wholesale and restaurant markets
- Coordinate with Community Development Manager and partner farmers to increase produce sales in Greater Clarkston
Monitor and evaluate the Sales Program
- Identify and communicate market trends and changes
- Generate and analyze monthly market reports for various sales outlets
- Design, distribute and analyze customer satisfaction and demographic surveys.
- Regularly evaluate and adapt all programs in coordination with Farm Manager and distribution partners with input from customers
Maintain communication within Global Growers and across distribution partners to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Communicate and coordinate with GG team and partners as needed to coordinate sales, sourcing, and availability
- Coordinate distribution to CSA Farm Share locations, farmers markets, and wholesale and restaurant customers
Establish and maintain mutually supportive relationships with all customers/partners
- Maintain consistent communication over phone or email with current and new customers
- Develop and manage customer logs to track communication
- Provide customers with farm, food storage and preparation information
Provide excellent products, reliable service and accurate orders to customers
- Source diverse, high quality, and in-demand partner products for Farm Share program
- Ensure quality of all products before delivery to customers
- Troubleshoot problems with customers and site coordinators
- Maintain understanding of product and pricing via Availability List and Pricing Sheet
- Manage online store to ensure ease and accuracy of ordering
Be an ambassador for Global Growers across sales outlets by strategically and creatively promoting GG’s mission and work while providing opportunities for customers to become more connected
- Actively communicate mission to customers and partners
- Promote mission-related programming and activities
- Develop appropriate and effective print and digital marketing materials, in conjunction with Graphic Designer and Development & Communications Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in marketing/sales preferably as related to food, restaurants, wholesale, and local agriculture.
- Significant experience in various methods of administration and communication.
- Understanding of sustainable agriculture and local food systems, as well as social and racial justice issues impacting agriculture in the South
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Experience analyzing data using Excel
- Preffered: Basic Quickbooks experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
- Flexible work hours to accommodate some evening work and regular Saturdays (with corresponding days off during the week based on a regular fixed schedule)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation: $29,000 - $32,000, commensurate with qualifications, plus 5% commission on all sales exceeding annual sales targets. Benefits and PTO included
Reports to: Director of Programs
Application Instructions: Submit resume (sm.lastname.res) and cover letter (sm.lastname.cl) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “SalesManager.lastname.”