original recipe from tinyurbankitchen.com
1 bunch of Chinese long beans (about 1/2 lb)
2 T vegetable oil
1 T garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp soy sauce (or to taste)
1. Cut up long beans into 2 inch segments.
2. Heat wok/large pan to medium high heat. Add vegetable oil and minced garlic.
3. When garlic begins to slightly brown, add beans. Add about 1 tablespoon of water, cover, and steam.
4. Wait about 5 minutes, or until beans are cooked through.
5. Add salt and soy sauce to taste.You can optionally add a bit of sugar, hoisin or other stir fry sauce as well !