Simple Sauteed Braising Mix Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-4
If you really want to make these greens a meal, saute some bacon or pancetta first, then use the rendered fat in place of the oil. Decadent and healthy at the same time.
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium white onion or shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound Braising mix (or make your own)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup stock or water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large, high-sided sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- When shimmering add onions and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly, stirring quickly to avoid browning, about 30 seconds.
- Add in braising mix, tossing to mix.
- Sprinkle with paprika and add stock, covering and reducing heat to low. Cook until lightly wilted, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and serve.