Terry Koval spoons Riverview white corn grits for the cameras. They were paired with
Sparta Imperial's mushrooms and the chef's own cheddarwurst.
2 cup water
1/2 cup local milk,
but if you can find local fresh cream use that instead
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup stone-ground yellow corn grits
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 teaspoon butter
1. Add water and salt to a large pot; bring to a boil.
2. Gradually whisk in grits.
3. Lower heat; simmer 30 minutes or until thick and tender, stirring often.
4. Remove pot from heat; slowly add cold butter, season and cover.
5. Add any local sautéed greens, mushrooms, or meats on top and enjoy!